The original L-13 BLANIK was built by the LET factory in
1958. Since then almost 3000 L-13s were made, and many of them
are still flying all over the world. The two-seat, all-metal L-13 became
very popular due its durability, reliability, and ease of handling.
Although out of production for a number of years, the Blanik remains one of the most active two- place training and club aircraft throughout the world. An all-metal flush riveted sailplane with fabric covered control surfaces, the Blanik is stressed for aerobatics and has held many two- place records. It is equipped with DFS type airbrakes and Fowler-type flaps. The main wheel has an oleo strut shock absorber and is partially retractable. The horizontal tail surfaces fold up parallel to the fin for transportation and storage.
More details at Sailplane Directory
L-13 Flight Manual [.pdf reference
document] - future addition.
The L-13 is in storage awaiting resolution to an AD