- Set to field elevation. Check other instruments.
- Seat belts adjusted and fastened
- Closed, locked, and verified
- Freedom of movement. Spoilers closed and
locked. Flaps set as necessary. Trim set.
- Tow cable attached. Release checked.
of wind - Verify wind speed and directions. Adjust controls
Rope break - Anticipate and plan for.
- Extend landing gear and check
Belts - Recheck tightness
- Increase speed to pattern speed. Add 1/2 wind speed for
- Adjust for landing
- Check and set divebrakes, spoiler, or flaps
- Check wind direction and speed. Lookout for traffic and landing
area clear of traffic.
- Concentrate on the landing.