221) What feature is associated with a temperature inversion?
a) A stable layer of air.
222) What is meant by the term "dew point"?
a) The temperature at which
condensation and evaporation
223) What measurement can be used to determine the stability of the atmosphere?
a) Atmospheric pressure.
224) The development of thermals depends upon:
a) A counterclockwise
circulation of air.
225) Thunderstorms reach their greatest intensity during the:
a) Mature stage.
226) What is an important precaution when soaring in a dust devil?
a) Avoid the eye of
227) Where and under what condition can enough lift be found for soaring when the weather is generally stable?
a) On the upwind
side of hills or
ridges with moderate
228) Where may the most favorable type thermals for cross-country soaring be found?
a) Just ahead
of a warm front.
229) What is the best visual indication of a thermal?
230) What is density altitude?
a) The height
231) Cumulonimbus clouds can best be described as:
232) In strong wind conditions, flight over a mountainous area within close proximity of peaks may be hazardous because of:
233) The best lift is usually found:
234) Which is true?
235) What does "Buys Ballots" law state of the northern hemisphere?
236) What weather associated with cumulus-nimbus is considered to be the worst hazard when landing a glider?
237) What is wind gradient?
238) A high-pressure inversion in summer will have what effect on soaring?
239) What is the overlapping of a warm and cold front called?
240) What is the name given to a line drawn on a map joining places of equal pressure?